Instore/Onsite IT Support Technician
PERMANENT – FULL TIME, £17,000 - £19,000 (negotiable) - Immediate Start Available
Working as part of our busy IT team your role will primarily involve home and business technical support, repairing and deploying equipment and providing training for end users. You will be working in our local repair shop and onsite for our residential and business customers.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Respond to requests for technical help in person via phone or electronically.
- Provide initial diagnosis, plan a resolution and implement solution across a variety of IT disciplines.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention to the relevant resource.
- Track and route problems and document resolutions.
A Typical Day Example
- Instore 1:1 meeting with home customer to assist with setting up new laptop.
- Onsite business call out to setup a new workstation for a user.
- Workshop repair to tear down and replace a laptop fan.
- Remote session to assist with configuring new equipment
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly and professional manner - both verbally and in writing.
- Good understanding of operating systems, Computer hardware and networking,
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Process driven and detail orientated.
- Data Entry skills with a focus on accuracy.
If you feel you meet the above criteria and are interested in the role we would love to hear from you.